Looking for a quick crochet Easter pattern? Check out the Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Cozy FREE pattern and video tutorial. Make these for all the bunny lovers in your life!
Need a quick and simple Easter crochet project?
The Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Cozy is the perfect pattern to make when time is limited, but you want to make something egg-straordinary!
Grab your favorite hook and let’s get hopping.
These adorable crochet Easter bunny egg cozies are so much fun to whip up. They take very little time to make and are perfect stash busters. Make them in neutral colors like I did, traditional spring pastel colors or go wild with any color you like!
You will find the FREE pattern below as well as the full video tutorial.
Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Cozy Video Tutorial
This post contains affiliate links and at no cost to you I may earn a teeny tiny commission if you choose to purchase them. Please know that I only recommend products I use and love! Thank you for supporting Le Petit Saint Crochet! You can read my full (and slightly boring) full disclosure here.
- Fingering Weight/4 ply yarn in any color (I used white, off white and tan colors)
- 2.5 mm crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch markers (nice to have but not necessary)
- Easter Eggs (I used wooden ones, but use whatever kind you like – real or plastic)
- Pink color for inside of ears (I used pastel drawing chalk with a Q-tip and it worked great, but you could also just use blush)
- st(s) = stitch (es)
- slst = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- inc = increase – 2 sc in one space
- The Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Cozy is crocheted using continuous rounds
- Mark the beginning of each round with a stitch marker
- Keep an accurate count of your rounds and number of stitches per round.
- The number in front of the stitch abbreviation stands for how many stitches worked. For example: “6 sc” would mean “work one sc in each of the next 6 stitches”
- The number in brackets at the end of a round indicated how many stitches you should have after working that round
Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Cozy Pattern
If you need additional help with making a magic ring please check out my post and video tutorial here:
Also if you need information about how I attach and sew on pieces (like the ears to the hat) please check out my video tutorial for a pattern I wrote:
In the above video, skip to 47:29 to see exactly how I sew on the ears, hope that helps!
Make 6 sc in Magic Ring
Round 1: inc each st 
Round 2: (1 sc, inc) around 
Round 3: sc each st around
Round 4: (2 sc, inc) around 
Round 5: (3 sc, inc) around 
Round 6: (4 sc, inc) around 
Rounds 7 – 10: sc each st
Sl st to the first st in the round, fasten off, weave in ends.
Ears – Make 2:
Make 6 sc in Magic Ring
Round 1: (1 sc, inc) around 
Rounds 2 – 9: sc in each st around
Sl st to the first st in the round, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing ears to the hat.
If you would like your ears to fold over, place a piece of pipe cleaner or craft wire inside the ears before closing.
Fold the ears in half lengthwise. Stitch the folded fastened off edge closed.
Finally add the ears to the top of the hat on each side of the hole of the magic ring or wherever you think they would look cute for your little Crochet Easter Eggy Cozy.
Add a little pink color to the inside of the ears with a Q-tip. I found that using the pastel chalk lasted longer than plain blush. But you could also use a brush and pink watercolor as well.
Crochet Easter Egg Cozy
I hope you enjoyed this little pattern and tutorial and that you’re whipping up Easter bunny egg cozies for somebunny special!