Guess How Many Bunnies I’ve Crocheted and Knit!
Can you guess how many bunnies I’ve crocheted and knit over the past four years? Five, ten, fifteen, or twenty? I’m sharing all the bunnies I’ve made and how each one taught me something about crocheting, knitting and even myself.
It all started with one wonky little crocheted bunny.
When I made my very first amigurumi bunny, I had no idea that it was going to change my life. I could never have dreamed that crocheting and knitting bunnies (as well as other animals) would become a passion that would consume my life….in a good way.
Can you guess how many bunnies I’ve crocheted and knit in total?
I counted them all up and am totally surprised by the number!
Guess How Many Bunnies I’ve Crocheted and Knit!
I crocheted my very first bunny on December 7th, 2017. It turned out very cute and full of beginner mistakes. I watched a video tutorial from Wooly Wonders Crochet and was so pleased with how he turned out.
But this little bunny taught me that I could crochet toys.
I didn’t think that was possible.
You see, I was the kind of person who always thought that some people had talents and others did not.
What I didn’t realize at the time was that most of what I considered “talents” were just skills that were learned and perfected by practice.
Amigurumi taught me to be a better crocheter, but it also taught me so much about myself.
Learning to crochet (and eventually knit) toys changed my life because it taught me that I could do hard things.
I had always been the kind of person who gave up on learning new things when it started to get difficult. What I didn’t realize at the time, was the struggle was the most critical time.
I learned that if I could push through the hard, frustrating parts, I would find myself in a new and exciting place.
Each and every one of these bunnies taught me new skills, but also helped me become a person who embraced new challenges in all areas of my life.
Get the FREE Bitty Bunnies Pattern Here
How Many Bunnies?
Ok, ok. I get it.
You just want to know how many bunnies I’ve crocheted and knit.
Twenty-four bunnies in a little over four years.
What’s really crazy is that there have been many other projects in between all those bunnies. I’ve crocheted and knit many different animals, dolls and blankets. I’ve crocheted dish cloths, added trim to pillow cases and even made a basket.
Before 2017, I wasn’t the kind of person who made things. I envied those people who could create with their two hands, but I wrongly believed that was for other people.
(Hopping off my soap box now… see what I did there?)
All the Bunnies I’ve Crocheted and Knit
- 1. First Amigurumi Ever (Crochet – Wooly Wonders Crochet)
- 2. Bitty Bunnies (Crochet – my own design)
- 3. Ralphie (Knit – Bear and a Bunny Suit by Suan B. Anderson)
- 4. First Little Cotton Rabbits (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 5. Little Boy Bunny in Yellow Sweater (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 6. Little Girl Bunny in Blue Dress (Knit- Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 7. Fuzzy Bunny (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 8. Meg Bunny with Glasses (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 9. Little Cranky Bunny (Knit – Jetkat)
- 10. Little Bunny with Big Pom Hat (Knit – Jetkat)
- 11. Christmas Giveaway Bunny (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 12. Boy Christmas Bunny (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 13. Nurse Bunny (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits – idea from SuzyMarie Knits)
- 14. Boy Bunny with Red Cable Knit Sweater (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 15. Musical Bunny (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 16. Small Bumblebee Bunny (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 17. Small Boy Bunny in Yellow Striped Sweater (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 18. Bunny with Green Cowl (Knit – Jetkat)
- 19. Bunny with Yellow Cowl (Knit – Jetkat)
- 20. Boy Bunny with Jersey-Boy Sweater (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 21. Bunny for Alex (Knit – Little Cotton Rabbits)
- 22. Dot Pebbles Bunny (Knit – Dot Pebbles Knits)
- 23. Beginner Knit Bunny (Knit – Handy Little Me)
- 24. Bunny with a Bow (Knit – Lovely Knit Creation)
What I Learned While Crocheting and Knitting Bunnies
I am really proud of that list.
I can remember all the struggles and triumphs of each one of those projects and I’ll highlight a few of them here.
- The first bunny taught me that I could do this. I just needed to learn the skills.
- My Bitty Bunnies taught me that I could design toys, even if it was hard and stressful.
- I’ll never forget the first time I saw the Little Cotton Rabbits for the first time. A photo of a bowl full of bunny heads literally took my breath away. It took me quite a bit of time to learn how to knit them and I was so excited that I could actually do it.
- Ralphie (although not technically a bunny, but an otter in a bunny suit) taught me that I could knit with double pointed needles.
- The Nurse Bunny taught me that I could make people really happy with my toys. It was one of the rare times that I’ve been able to see someone receive one of my toys.
- The Boy Bunny with a Red Cable Knit Sweater taught me the importance of paying attention when knitting cables. I literally cried when making that tiny sweater.
- The Musical Bunny was such a fun custom order and taught me that I could design colorwork patterns.
- Oh my goodness, the Bunny with the Green Cowl taught me so much about perseverance. His legs caused words to come forth from my mouth that would make a sailor blush. Thankfully I kept at it and he turned out adorable.
- The Dot Pebbles bunny taught me that using the right yarn can completely change a project and I fell in love with mohair.
- My Little Bunny with a Bow taught me that conflicts around the world can actually have an effect on knitters all over the world.
How Many Bunnies
Now that you know how many bunnies I’ve crocheted and knit, I would love to know how many you’ve made!
Please let me know in the comments.
Finally, I hope you all are staying safe out there and Happy Stitching!
All your bunnies are so very adorable!! I’ve made too many to count.
Haha!! I have a feeling that will be one of these days! 🐰🐰🐰