Cottage style is timeless. Think cozy country cottages and warm cups of tea. In Cottage Style Amigurumi Projects you will find eleven adorable crochet toy patterns that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
I am all about cottage style right now. There’s been a resurgence lately in all things cozy and homey and I believe that applies to amigurumi as well.
I’m seeing more and more cottage style amigurumi projects from sweet forest animals to big ripe berries and everything in between.
I’ve found eleven crocheted toy patterns that epitomize cottage style and I hope you feel as inspired by them as I do.
Watch the Cottage Style Crochet Projects Video!
The first time I saw the amigurumi designs from Straw Animals I fell in love. Looking through the Straw Animals Instagram page fills me with happiness and inspiration. They are vintage inspired in all the best ways.
I had a hard time choosing just one pattern so I bought the Goose pattern (8″) and the Duck Pilot pattern (7″). Both of them are made in beautiful muted tones, which I love.
Although the Goose looks quite involved and complicated, I found the pattern to be very well written and a joy to crochet.
Each person who has seen the Goose in real life have gasped in amazement. Between her little “straw” hat and comfy little overalls, the effect is striking.
Cottage Style Yarn
This post contains affiliate links and at no cost to you I may earn a teeny tiny commission if you choose to purchase them. Please know that I only recommend products I use and love! Thank you for supporting Le Petit Saint Crochet! You can read my full (and slightly boring) full disclosure here.
I highly recommend using muted colors or neutrals for this pattern, especially if you want that “cottage” look. One of my favorite yarns has so many of these gorgeous shades and I’m so happy I had them in my stash.
I used Berroco Vintage in the colors:
- Buttercream (for the white part of the body)
- Pumpkin (for the beak and feet)
- Fennel (for the overalls)
- Oats (for the hat)
- Bird’s Egg (for the scarf)
- Chana Dal (for the knapsack)
The only crochet hook I use for amigurumi is my Furls Odyssey 3.5 mm hook. The ergonomic handle and pointed metal head help me make neat and tight stitches.
The other Straw Animal patterns are completely adorable as well. You’ll find:
- Mushroom – which I think is totally adorable. I love how it has a sweet little face and chubby cheeks.
- Bumblebee – this might be one of the cutest bumble bee patterns I’ve ever seen. I love the quirky design and color choice. Absolutely adorable.
- Chicken – hands down cutest chicken amigurumi pattern I’ve ever seen. Absolutely love this whimsical creature.
Juliya has so many other adorable patterns, so make sure to check them all out. If you love cottage style amigurumi project, you will also have a hard time just choosing one.
Nadia is the talented designer behind the Scandi Style Doll patterns. If you’re a fan of woodland creatures, you will love these amigurumi toys.
One of my favorites is her Fox amigurumi pattern. This pattern is so wonderful because it includes a boy and girl option, or crochet them both.
These foxes look like they just stepped right out of a vintage storybook. I love the little boy fox’s overalls and the embroidery detail on the little girl fox’s dress.
The little embroidered faces have so much character and their little shoes and socks make me want to squeal with delight.
You will find many other adorable patterns including:
- Crochet Polar Bear – I want to make this for Christmas! How festive he looks and I love the Christmas tree detail.
- Penguin Family – have you ever seen a cuter penguin family. The flower crown on the momma penguin and tote bag with the dad make me grin from ear to ear.
- Crochet Bee Doll – this is one of the most unique amigurumi doll designs I’ve seen in a long time. The yellow and black dress and sweet little wings make this feel very quaint and not costumey. I think you’ll love her as much as I do.
These are just a few of the beautiful cottage style patterns from Nadia.
I have been a big fan of the Eleonore and Maurice patterns for quite some time. Each one is so incredibly unique and full of whimsy.
Hubertus the Bug is one of the cutest bug patterns I have ever laid my eyes on. I can’t imagine anything more cottage style than a charming little bug. Look at that face. I also love that you can customize the colors any way you like, the possibilities are endless.
Not only does Eleonore and Maurice have individual patterns but she also has a published book. Make sure to check it out and all sixteen designs.
When thinking about cottage style amigurumi projects, my mind goes straight to big delicious berries. And this adorable pattern from Svetlana from Pelyushenko Craft is absolutely perfect.
This Berries pattern includes these six different fruits:
Nothing is more cottage style than a basketful of big juicy berries and these would be so much fun to crochet. You’ll also find fourteen more crochet patterns from the most realistic looking carrots I’ve ever seen, to a beautiful fly agaric toadstool design.
This Amigurumi Cute Little Owl is one of the cutest little forest animal patterns. Nothing is more cozy and cottagey than a smart little owl. From his oversized glasses to his tiny yellow feet, he is as cute as it gets.
You will find twenty-one individual patterns by Kru Toys. Each one is so incredibly unique and playful. Check out her:
- Santa’s Helpers – these two dolls are so detailed. Their expressive faces and realistic bodies make them seem like they could walk right off the screen at any moment.
- Cute Bear in Pajamas – I am in love with these sweet little bears all ready for bedtime. I love their adorable night caps.
- Coffee Cup and Milky Mug – how adorable is this couple? What says cozy more than coffee or milk and cookies? Sounds like the perfect afternoon to me.
When looking for cottage style amigurumi projects I found this adorable Crochet Cottage and I knew it was perfect. After looking through Amy’s Instagram page and her Etsy shop, I am totally in love with her entire design aesthetic.
This sweet little blue cottage makes me wish I could open the door and walk right in. I bet there would be something delicious baking in the oven and a big warm hug from the owner.
- Amigurumi Blue Bird – I love this folk style bird. The beautiful blue color and the little button detail are perfectly cottage style.
But you’ll find more than amigurumi designs in the Little Doolally shop:
- Striped Blanket Pattern – I am in love with this gorgeous and cottage style lap blanket. The colors are so warm and cozy.
- Sheep Cushion – I’m a sucker for anything sheep themed. How adorable is this fluffy ewe?
- Floral Crochet Wall Hanging – this beautiful floral motif is the perfect decor item for a cottagey feel.
I am so in love with these sweet patterns from Ina Rho. This talented designer is based in Norway and I admire the Scandinavian feel of these toys.
You’ll also find these adorable amigurumi patterns:
- Hjalmar the Deer – what a handsome little forest friend.
- Harriet the Hare – a large sized rabbit that fits in with a cozy cottage aesthetic.
This amigurumi designer has so much talent and I see so much promise in her work. Marina is the genius behind these adorable patterns. Each one of them screams cottage style, with their vintage vibes and forest origins.
Matthew the Badger is my favorite of the bunch, but the others are all just adorable. I recently knit my first badger (which you can read more about here) and I’m all about that feisty creature at the moment.
Make sure to check out Marina’s Instagram account as well, Fluffy Forest. It is full of cottage, cozy vibes.
I’ve been a big fan of the Little Owlet patterns for quite some time. I have crocheted two of her patterns, the fox and the lamb, and have loved them both. What I love about these cottage inspired patterns are the muted tones and the variety of animals.
- Owl Crochet Pattern – is on my list of amigurumi toys to make. I love how the face is made of (what looks to be) felt. Everything about this owl is sweet and cozy. Can’t wait to crochet one for myself.
- Pug – I can’t handle the cuteness. I am a big lover of dogs and pugs are one of the cutest breeds out there. I love their little squished faces and round little bodies
Natalia is such an amazing amigurumi designer. Her skill for shaping is evident in each one of her crocheted toys. When I think of cottage style amigurumi, birds are at the top of my list and these designs are as sweet as they are adorable.
- Tiny Sparrow, Cardinal and Red Robin – I am a big bird lover and refill my feeder regularly (I actually have an Amazon subscription for the perfect song bird seed – although the squirrels like it too). This trio of tiny birds is perfect for cottage decor or cottage style toys for children.
- Salvi the Sparrow – nothing is cuter than a sparrow that’s also an artist. You’ll also find the whole story of how Salvi came to be an artist written in the pattern as well.
- Red Robin – these red robins are so beatuiful and I love that you can change the colors to make a male or female. We have a lot of robins in our area and these are so sweet. The pattern suggests that you can make them little ornaments to hang in a tree or branches, how sweet is that? I love that it also contains the instructions for how to crochet the little hearts.
Elisa is the super talented creator behind Lulu Loves the Moon. Each one of her beautiful patterns is full of cottage inspiration.
- Pocket Mushroom – nothing says cottage style more than mushrooms and this little fella couldn’t be any cuter. I love that there are embroidered details and that he has the sweetest little mushroom face your ever did see.
- Bunny Pumpkin – I am a total sucker for bunnies and this trio has my heart. What’s amazing is that this pattern comes in seven different languages as well. How wonderful!
- Floki the Bear – teddy bears are the epitome of coziness and comfort. As a child I adored my very own bear and have had a soft place in my heart for them ever since.
Cottage Style Amigurumi Projects
I hope that you have enjoyed this behemoth of a post, packed full of cottage style amigurumi designs. These are the types of patterns that get me really excited to crochet toys. I want them all!
Let me know in the comments below which ones were your favorite and if you have any others that you think should have been on the list.